The WTW-Scott Cinema Group is looking to appoint a part-time cleaner for our cinema in Barnstaple.
Cleaners are an integral part of the cinema team. Usually working on your own, and early in the morning, you will be responsible for making sure that the cinema is fully cleaned and ready for the trading day ahead. Working from both daily and weekly job sheets, your tasks will include:
• Cleaning cinema auditoria from the previous night’s trading - this includes litter picking, vacuuming, mopping and a thorough clean down of all surfaces.
• Cleaning of toilet areas including sanitaryware, vanity units and floors.
• Cleaning of foyer and front of house areas to include floors, all surfaces and windows.
• Cleaning seat backs, skirting boards, poster frames and such like on a rotational basis.
• Ensuring that supply cupboards and work areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Sanitising surfaces in accordance with Covid-19 guidelines.
• Other additional cleaning duties as indicated by the cinema management team.
• Liaising with the cinema management team.
A variety of work patterns available from 6 to 15 hours per week, depending on business levels, with early morning starts. It may also be possible to pick up more hours to cover holiday and a degree of flexibility is required to cover last minute shift changes.
You will be conscientious and have immaculate attention to detail. You need to be able to work on your own, using your own initiative to accomplish the required tasks within a timescale, and be able to manage your time to ensure that all additional weekly tasks can be completed as and when required. You also need to be reliable and trustworthy.
• Because you will need to be a keyholder we are looking for people aged 18 and over.
• Full right to work in the UK.
• You need to be available to work either late nights or early mornings on your shift days.
• Public and Bank Holidays, as well as school holidays, will all be worked as part of your normal shift pattern.
• As you will usually be working on your own, you need to possess situational awareness in relation to Health & Safety requirements and be able to feedback concerns to the management team where appropriate.
• A degree of personal fitness is required.
• You also need to be competent enough to operate basic electrical and water controls - such as turning on the mains electricity, lighting and water supplies in the morning.
Pay & Benefits
The rate of pay for this position starts at minimum wage for a 3-month trial period, with an increase thereafter.
We offer 28 days leave (pro-rata for part time positions), automatic enrolment into a Workplace Pension scheme, free cinema tickets and discounts on refreshments..
To apply for this position, click here to complete an application form online. You can either save the form and email it to email@example.com, or post it through the cinemas letterbox, or mail it to: Manager, Scott Cinemas, Boutport Street, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1SR