ASSISTANT MANAGER, FULL TIME (NEWTON ABBOT)
Cinema Assistant Managers are responsible for the day-to-day running of the cinema and are able to deputise for the manager in their absence. No two days are ever the same, and it's your responsibility to make sure each and every customer has the best possible experience, as well as making sure that while you are on duty, your cinema operates safely and in compliance with all head office, local licensing and Government Covid-secure requirements.
Newton Abbot is a 2-screen traditional cinema in Devon. The cinema attains 85,000 admissions per year. We are in the planning stages for a new 4-screen modern cinema in the town centre, which makes this a great vacancy for someone looking to forge a career in the cinema industry..
We are looking for someone with at least a years’ experience in a leisure or retail management environment, with experience in a customer facing role. You will possess excellent customer service skills, and the ability to lead from the front to drive your team. You will understand the importance of back office admin, stock control, and cash procedures. We’re not necessarily looking for someone with a background in cinema, but any knowledge of the industry will help your application. We offer full on-site and off-site training in all areas. Above all, you must be keen, willing to learn, and have a strong love of film. You will either hold a personal license (for alcohol sales) or be willing to undertake a training course within one month of appointment.
The Job Description
- Runs the cinema in a customer facing environment, deputising for the manager where appropriate.
- Ensures the day-to-day running of the cinema complies with all Head Office, Health & Safety and Local Licensing requirements
- Sale of cinema tickets, refreshments and alcohol. Ushering and cleaning duties as appropriate to the role.
- Helps with stock control, such as merchandising, rotation, wastage control and ordering.
- Construction of weekly staff shift rotas, and submission of payroll data to Head Office.
- Acts upon instructions issued by the manager, General Manager, Support Manager, Accounts Manager, and Company Directors.
- Readies the cinema for the day ahead, including controlling the digital projection system where necessary.
- Cashing up at the end of the day and ensures that takings are readied to be banked.
- Ensures the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Prepares weekly exhibition playlists, including ingesting feature films and KDM’s.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word & Excel
- IT knowledge to include the use of email, and the ability to use and adapt to proprietary company software.
- Excellent customer service standards
- Good mathematical skills when working with money, spreadsheets and figures
- Good communication skills
Pay & Benefits
The rate of pay for this position is £9.39 per hour, for an average of 35 hours per week. Shifts will include evenings, weekends, bank and school holidays. We offer paid breaks, 28 days’ annual leave, automatic enrolment into a pension scheme, discounts on refreshments and free cinema tickets for yourself and your family.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form online. You can either save the form and email it to email@example.com, or send it by post to: HR Manager, WTW-Scott Cinemas, Alexandra Cinema, Market Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2RB. You can also attach/send a CV and covering letter, but do please note that applications submitted without an Application Form will be rejected.
Important Information for this Position
Interviews and initial training will take place at our venue in Exmouth. Interviews will be held in person in a Covid-secure manner. Please ensure, before applying, that you are able to travel to an interview in Exmouth. If your application is successful, all travel costs associated with your training will be paid for by the Company. The earliest start date for this position will be Monday 7th June.